USA orders only
Many pet owners probably aren’t aware of how CBD honey has helped dogs and cats with all sorts of issues including appetite, pain-sensation, nausea, mood, seizures, memory, inflammation, allergies, infections, kennel cough, wounds including burns, hot spots, and pressure sores. A few things that make raw honey special is that it is naturally high in enzymes, high in antioxidants and flavonoids, and it kills anti-resistant bacteria including MRSA. 6 oz.
CBD is from a full spectrum HEMP plant with less than .03% THC and is legal in all 50 states.
500 mg per 6 oz jar. Ingredients: our local honey and organic full spectrum CBD
Just a small amount on your finger or on a pet treat is all they need.
CBD Oil For Dogs: What You Might Not Know
The results seem to be in … researchers are turning their attention to this herb and, so far, they’re finding there is a lot to like. And just as CBD has helped humans, your dog can reap the same health-boosting (and even life-saving) benefits.
Let’s look at the 10 things you might not know about this often misunderstood herb and the research that shows its promise in helping dogs with a variety of common health issues …
- CBD Is Not Psychoactive
CBD (cannabidiol) is a compound found in cannabis and hemp. THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) can also be found in cannabis and it’s this compound that gives marijuana its psychoactive properties. Most CBD oils are just that … the beneficial CBD without the THC. And they typically come from hemp, not marijuana. In short, your dog won’t get “high” from CBD oil … he’ll get the relaxation without the intoxication.
And speaking of relaxation …
- CBD Oil Reduces Anxiety
Does your dog suffer from separation anxiety or noise phobias? CBD has been extensively studied for its effect on stress and anxiety. In humans, it’s been found to:
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Be effective for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
- CBD Can Fights Cancer
- CBD and other substances found in hemp and cannabis have been found to have an anti-tumor effect. CBD has even been shown to stop cancer cells from growing and increased tumor cell death.
- CBD helps the immune system’s killer cells to cause cancer cell death.
- CBD kills cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy.
- CBD’s anti-tumor properties slow and inhibit glioma cell growth.
- CBD can help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment.
- CBD Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy
- It’s estimated that up to 5% of dogs suffer from seizures. Most dogs with seizures are put on drugs such as phenobarbital and potassium bromide. While they may help control the seizures, they can be extremely harmful to your dog’s liver and other organs. And the drugs don’t work in all cases.
- CBD has been shown to work well in drug-resistant epilepsy. In one study, 7 of 8 patients with epilepsy that was resistant to drugs saw a definite improvement within 4 to 5 months of taking CBD.
- And a survey of children with treatment-resistant epilepsy found that 84% of the children taking CBD had a reduction in the frequency of seizures.
- CBD Relieves Pain
- The cannabinoids in CBD work so well for pain that scientists are considering it as a new class of drug for the treatment of chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be very effective for:
- Decreasing pain (including neuropathy and nerve-related pain)
- Decreasing the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (which causes degeneration and premature aging)
- Decreasing inflammation in acute pancreatitis
- Reducing inflammation
- Reducing intestinal inflammation (associated with irritable bowel disease)
- CBD Can Help With Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Animal studies show that CBD can prevent colitis (IBD) and restore normal gut motility in inflammatory bowel disease.
- CBD also has antibiotic properties, including Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA).
- CBD Reduces Chronic Inflammation And Autoimmune Disease
- CBD has been shown to decrease the production and release of inflammatory cytokines that can cause allergies, hypersensitivities, and autoimmunity. It can also suppress something called Th17 dominance, which is a major cause of autoimmune diseases.
- CBD also inhibits the production of inflammatory macrophages and decreases chronic inflammation.
- CBD is also a powerful antioxidant that’s shown to be more powerful than vitamins C and E.
- CBD Can Protect The Nervous System And Help With Neurodegenerative Diseases
- For dogs suffering from degenerative myelopathy and other spine and nerve issues, CBD shows a lot of promise. It’s been shown to help patients with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease by protecting the brain cells from toxicity.
- For senior dogs, CBD has been shown to protect the brain from cell death caused by free radicals and toxins.
- CBD Increases Appetite And Helps With Nausea
- If you have trouble getting your dog to eat, CBD may help. The National Cancer Institute reports that CBD increases appetite and carries this extra benefit, in addition to controlling cancer.
- CBD Promotes Cardiovascular Health
- Just as veterinarian Dr. Bassingthwaighte discovered, CBD has been linked to heart health. Studies show it can reduce the damage from damaged blood vessels and irregular heart rates, protect blood vessels from damage and dilate the arteries, and reduce heart rate and blood pressure associated with stress and anxiety.
Bonus: CBD Oil For Dogs Is Legal And Safe
With so many studies showing the health benefits of CBD, the most encouraging result is that CBD appears to be safe, even when taken in high doses and over extended periods of time. It can decrease the activity of liver enzymes used to metabolize many prescription drugs, so if your dog is on medication, you might want to check with your holistic vet before using CBD.
Most CBD oil for dogs and other pets is derived from hemp oil, so it contains no or very small traces of THC. Because of this, all 50 states have approved the use of hemp-based CBD for human and animal products.
The bottom line is, CBD oil could be a healthy (or even life-saving) herb for your dog. More and more pet owners and holistic vets are drawn to its diverse and marked health benefits and they feel good knowing the side effects are mild and animals don’t appear to build up a tolerance.
CBD has been the subject of a lot of research studies and has been found to:
* Reduce nausea
* Promotes heart health
* Relieves pain and inflammation
* Reduce anxiety
* Reduce seizures and epilepsy
* Help stop tumor growth
* Protect the nervous system and help with neurodegenerative diseases